Sunday, April 3, 2011

Zoroaster


Here is a band that really kicked my ass when i saw them live in 2009 Zoroaster from Atlanta,Georgia USA.This three piece reminded me of what you would get if you blended The Melvins and Celtic Frost together.They were really heavy!! so heavy i had to step back all the way up to the balcony area!! the wall of Sunn amps and Orange stacks they had really blew my mind.The drummer Dan Scanlan was pounding a sky blue Ludwig vista lite drum kit.They also use a few 70's style moog synthesizer's and oscillator effects live.The guitarist Will Fiore and Bassist Brent Anderson both handle the vocals.I have to say listening to this band months before seeing them live i wasn't really getting it then.But after seeing them live changed my opinion about them totally.When i re-listened to the albums i found many great songs that i like alot.And they are now one of my favorite Stoner/Doom bands!! and a band that gets a lot of airplay on my radio show! Overall Zoroaster has enough fuzz and doom to satiate any doomsters thirst.Make sure to check em out!!



http://www.myspace.com/thezoroaster

No comments: